Easy peasy bold striped wall

Hi there! A few weeks ago I had the urge to paint bold, black stripes on a couple of my walls. Then, I came to my senses. I know myself... well, and because I change the decor in my home often, painted stripes just aren't a good idea. { Especially black ones!} Still determined to get that look I came up with the EASIEST alternative on the planet. Seriously, friends this takes just minutes....


Perfectly straight lines even! The secret? 9" Premium vinyl! First, I measured the width of the wall, and used my paper trimmer to cut the strips of vinyl that long. Then, I peeled the backing off slightly and lined up the edge along the left side and smoothed it down with my hand. Then, I peeled off the rest of the backing slowly while smoothing the vinyl onto the wall as I went. It took literally minutes and everyone thinks it is paint. I'd say that this little project on a whim = success!

This little technique would be especially nice if you are renting and can't make permanent changes to your place! Give it a try, you'll love the results!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jeana

2 comments:

  1. Jeana...this is absolutely genius....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! :) It's kind of fun! I miss you BTW!

      Delete